The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander Shin
Dr. Alexander Shin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Shin is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Rochester - Rochester Methodist, St Marys Hospital - Rochester and St. Mary`s Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Shin has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Transplantation
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathies
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Compartment Syndromes
- Finger Injuries
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Instability
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Stress Fractures
- Ununited Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
If you have a brachial plexus or other upper body ortho issue, Dr.'s Shin and Bishop at Rochester Mayo is where you want to go for treatment. They use a team approach, and are able to help patients in ways other surgeons can't even dream of. Dr. Shin is not only technically excellent, he has a wonderful sense of humor, and it is a delight to see him. Before and after surgery he explains everything in layman's terms. Their nurse, Ashley, is top notch and goes out of her way to help patients and their families. I am so very grateful to have found this team for my children.
Dr. Shin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic Rochester - Rochester Methodist
St Marys Hospital - Rochester
St. Mary`s Hospital
Rochester Methodist Hospital
Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
26 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Alexander Shin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Alexander Shin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.