Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander A Stemer has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 17
To; The president of franciscan of medical specialists Dr Alexander Stemer. I would like to no why have you stop seeing people who has ill medicard. I have be at medical specialists for over 10 years now franciscan has taking over now I can get my blood work at this offices I'm sick and I live right down the street from the offices. This is wrong I'm going to fight this.You do not do poor sick people like this something need to done about this franciscan is not right and I will tell ever one I no about what this company is about.Franciscan do not care about the sick people who has be going to them for over 10 years this is a bad company. I would had never new this would happen to me SAd.
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Alexander A Stemer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFranciscan Physician Network, 761 45th Ave Ste 103, Munster, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alexander A Stemer in this video.
Dr. Alexander A Stemer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Munster, IN.