Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander Zwil
Dr. Alexander Zwil, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlantic City, NJ, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Philadelphia, PA (and 1 other location). He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Zwil is affiliated with Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-Mainland Division and Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Zwil has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My experience with Dr. Zwil has been unbelievably horrible. He is condescending, rude, awkward, accusatory, mean, and generally just incredibly uncomfortable to be around. I tried to switch Drs for these reasons but he would not "release me" (through talking to receptionists, etc it seems he does this regularly) from his care and accused me of "Dr shopping" to get different meds. I now have to seek care outside of the Penn system because he will not allow me to see anyone else there. I could not imagine a worse situation in seeking general psychiatrist care. Truly unbelievable.
This was my first time seeing a psychiatrist. I've now seen Dr. Zwil twice and am 100% changing Drs. He is incredibly condescending, rude, awkward, and generally makes for an unimaginably uncomfortable experience. I felt more like I was visiting a mean principal because I had gotten in trouble rather than visiting a psychiatrist. Truly Awful experiences.
Dr. Zwil is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-Mainland Division
Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
29 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Alexander Zwil accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alexander Zwil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlantic City, NJ.