Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis
Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Argoudelis is affiliated with Mercy Jefferson Hospital, St Lukes Hospital and Christian Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 1 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis - Posted on March 27th, 2018
He wasvery patient with me as I am not the usual type of patient that he usually sees. He never to be rushed and answers all my questions, even explaining to the what all the items on the blood tests were. I feel very lucky that he was the doctor that I was able see, as my GI realized that I was having major problems and needed to see the first doctor with an available appointment..
Dr. Argoudelis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Washington University - Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsNEPHROLOGY HYPERTENSION SPECIALISTS, 3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 365, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Alexis C Argoudelis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.