Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexis L Grucela has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Alexis L Grucela has the following 10 expertise
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
Dr. Alexis L Grucela has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alexis L Grucela is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Sought her as a second-opinion after she'd been recommended by a friend. Happy to listen, asks all the right questions, and set me up with a team of specialists and a slew of procedures to finally figure out what's wrong with my insides. Restored some hope that I will one day live as a normal, healthy person.
I've been on the fence about writing this review. But because I use reviews to make decisions, I am hopeing this could help someone else. I visited Dr Grucela earlier this year. She checked out the area of concern and immediately said I need to have surgery to have tissue removed. She did this without taking any samples or conducting a biopsy. I have never had a problem with a doctor before so I didn't question her diagnosis. However, her very poor bedside manner gave me pause after I had already scheduled surgery so I went for a second opinion. And I am very glad I did. the second doctor took a biopsy, actually sat me down to discuss what he had seen and asked me to wait for results. The biopsy came back negative and he sent me to a dermatologist. This doctor was also great and confirmed that all I had was irritation of the skin (!!!) and was shocked that a doctor wanted to operate. After a week of using a topical ointment, my issue is completely gone. The thought of having gone under the knife unnecessarily is very scary to me. I recommend a second opinion if you visit her.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Alexis L Grucela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlexis L Grucela Md, 530 1st Ave # 7V, New York, NY
Dr. Alexis L Grucela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.