Dr. Alfida Ramahi Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Alfida Ramahi?

I will not go back.

Posted on March 16th, 2014

First off, I waited over an hour to be seen after my appt time, even though I was there 5 minutes before I needed to be. She double books patients and then makes one wait. I was almost late for work because between the exam and the wait time, I was there for almost 2 hours! Also, Dr. Ramahi's clinical expertise seems to be old and outdated. I understand that this was the first time she was seeing me (I went in for my annual gyno appt after changing insurances), but instead of taking into account what I know about my body, she just repeated her opinions over and over again. She tried to convince me that there was a "miraculous possibility" I was 5 mos pregnant because I missed my most recent period due to an issue w/getting birth control on time (again because of a change in insurance) even after my exam and pap. I would hope that a professional practicing for 28 yrs, would be able to tell if a woman is 5 mos pregnant after performing a vaginal exam. This is what stood out most to me, but there were other things that she said that just didn't sit well w/me. Lastly, she made me schedule a follow-up appt just to get my pap smear results, even if nothing was wrong. The closest appt I could get was over 5 weeks away and when I called to ask about my results, the receptionist (who was very nice) told me she won't give results, good or bad, over the phone. So instead, I will have to go back, talk to a woman who's medical opinion I do not respect and pay a copay, just to hear that everything is okay (since the receptionist said she would call and ask me to come in sooner if anything came back wrong). I called twice and she still has yet to return my phone calls. Seriously, one of the WORST experiences I have ever had at a doctor and I will not go back.

Posted on September 25th, 2013

Dr Ramahi is a very nice woman my largerst complaint is the over booking and wait time. I would schedule during work and be waiting over an hour for my appointment, this was a constant. you cannot book 4 appointments at the same time. Patients time is valuable and needs to be respected. Staff could be more courteous.

Posted on August 12th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Ramahi for over 5 years. During a routine Pap, she felt something wasn't right. Sent me for a closer look, and sure enough I had a very large cyst, due to a severe case of newly diagnosed endometriosis. After a few other tests and a second opinion, I had surgery. Had it not been for her, my 'pms' symptoms would have continued to go undiagnosed and, I could have had some serious complications from a ruptured cyst. I am familiar with my condition now, and am thankful for a wonderful caring doctor that helped bring this to light.

Dr. Ramahi saved my life

Posted on January 23rd, 2011

I had been to 3 different doctors before I made an appointment to see Dr. Ramahi. One of my close friends is a patient of hers and was really happy, so I decided to make an appointment. I had been feeling tired, bloated and had been having bleeding for 6 months, and every doctor I had seen essentially blew it off, told me my Pap was normal and that I was going through menopause. Dr. Ramahi was the ONLY doctor who really listened to me when I told her I could feel that something was wrong. She took a really in depth history, asking me a lot of questions my other doctors hadn't even bothered to ask, and her physical exam was more thorough too. She ended up scheduling me to get an ultrasound where they found something on my ovary...from there she was able to schedule me for surgery promptly. I had ovarian cancer. I know that if I hadn't gone to Dr. Ramahi, I probably wouldn't be alive right now. Ovarian cancer is deadly and aggressive, especially when it's not caught at an early stage. I feel so lucky to have her as my doctor. Some appointments, I may have to wait more than 15 minutes to see her, but I know it's because she's doing a thorough job or taking extra time with her patients, just like she did with me. I recommend her to everyone because I know she's a doctor who works from her heart, and puts her patients first.

Very unprofessional

Posted on December 17th, 2010

would not give the reults of tests for annual pap without coming back in for ANOTHER office visit and copay never heard of anything like this

CARING, WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN

Posted on September 20th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Ramahi for the past 10 years and I can honestly say she is one of the most CARING, HONEST doctors out there. I've been to many OB-GYNs before I met her, and they don't spend half the amount she does getting a history and physical. She really LISTENS and CARES. There's no one I would trust more than her. She diagnosed my PCOS when I had gone to 3 other doctors who had missed the diagnosis.

Unprofessional

Posted on October 16th, 2008

There were 3 people besides myself and the doctor in the exam room, she told me I probably had cancer and she did not listen to a word I said. Cancelled 3 appointments without telling me in advance, I showed up and no one was there. "Family emergencies." Regardless one of the staff should have called to inform me before I took off work. She was very cold, unhelpful and negative about everything. I refuse to go back to see her.

Posted on September 27th, 2017