Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alfonso C Ciervo has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Alfonso C Ciervo has the following 4 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
Dr. Alfonso C Ciervo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Doctor Ciervo wanted to remove a small mass on my foot that I thought was vascular (Why I went to a vascular surgeon ). He insisted that the mass be surgically removed without any need for x-rays or MRIâs because âthe mass was not suppose to be thereâ. He stated that he âdid not know what the mass was but it had to be removedâ. His proposed methodology was to remove an elliptical portion of the area of the skin above the mass and then remove the mass. I insisted that I would not go ahead with any procedure without an MRI so after my insistence he gave me a Rx for an MRI. At the MRI facility the Radiologist, while reviewing the MRI in Progress, recommended I also have a MRI w/contrast. When I consulted with a different Surgeon ( second opinion-very important ) it was determined no action was necessary at this time since more damage would be done by removal, since I have normal walking/running function. Also the mass was not vascular. Dr. Ciervoâs proposed surgical procedure was not appropriate and I might have ended up permanently disabled because of damage done to my plantar (ligament). I would not recommend him under any circumstances and may report him to some Professional Authority.
Easy enough to get an appointment, though I had to schedule it out about three weeks. Office staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Ciervo spent more time with me than any other doctor I have been to over the past five years :) I think he would have spent even more time if I continued to ask more questions, but I was happy and satisfied with course of treatment he recommended. I would send family and friends to Dr. Ciervo.
Dr. Ciervo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1993
Suny Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlfonso C Ciervo Md, 4 Crape Myrtle Dr, Holmdel, NJ
Dr. Alfonso C Ciervo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Holmdel, NJ.