Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alfred Bacon III
Dr. Alfred Bacon III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, DE. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bacon is affiliated with St Francis Hospital, Wilmington Hospital and Christiana Care Health Services. He speaks English.
Dr. Alfred Bacon III has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I met Dr. Bacon by chance when I was at Christiana Hospital being treated for an infection in my lower leg. I had had this problem on and off for several months. He took time with me and provide information and medical insight that I was never told before. He ultimately coordinated my overall medical needs with several other doctors from different areas of medicine as I had many factors the affected my overall health. He was on top of all my needs for several months, he got me updates and information that was lacking form other doctors. He's caring, great bedside manner. good sense of humor and knowledgeable. he takes his time and speaks in terms and draws diagrams that the lay person can understand. Truely a TOP DOC!
Dr. Bacon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital
Christiana Care Health Services
Christiana Care Health Services - Wilmington Hospital
32 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Alfred Bacon III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions32J Omega Dr, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alfred Bacon III in this video.
Dr. Alfred Bacon III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.