Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr MD
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Taunton, MA, with other offices in Fall River, MA and Fall River, MA (and 1 other location). He has 62 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr has 4 locations
101 Jeremiah V Sullivan Dr
Fall River, MA 02721
101 Jeremiah V Sullivan Dr Fl 1
Fall River, MA 02721
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr - Posted on March 16th, 2019
very rude unprofessional doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr - Posted on April 1st, 2010
If this is your only choice, then use him, otherwise shop around. He is very old, cranky and unhelpful. Old school doctor who does not want or need your opinion only wants to lecture you. Treated me terribly was ok to my child. We have been seeing him for over a year for medication for ADHD, but I am now switching. Don't need this from a doctor.
62 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1957
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr
Consulting Staff consists of recognized specialists appointed for the purpose of providing consultation in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Consulting Staff members are not required to attend medical staff meetings nor do they have hospital admitting privileges.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alfred E Darby Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Taunton, MA.