Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alfred A Desimone MD
Dr. Alfred A Desimone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Weston, FL. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Desimone is affiliated with Memorial Hospital West, Coral Springs Medical Center and Florida Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alfred A Desimone has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Alfred A Desimone has the following 19 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
Dr. Alfred A Desimone is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
save my career
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred A Desimone - Posted on August 28th, 2019
Torn ACL & full recovery
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred A Desimone - Posted on May 29th, 2019
Dr. D is an AMAZING surgeon!!!!!.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred A Desimone - Posted on January 4th, 2019
Dr. D is an AMAZING surgeon!!!!!. He is knowledgeable, caring, personable and an advocate for the best healthcare his patients can get. His, is not just a profession, but a vocation which he is passionate about. Dr. D is dedicated to use the least invasive methods to successfully treat his patients, while minimizing pain and recuperation time from surgical procedures. His office and hospital staff are caring and accommodating to the needs of his patients. My son had a ACL reconstructions surgery on his knee, I could not be more happy I selected him to preform my son's surgery. He now resumed to his normal lifestyle. I highly recommend Dr. D. Excellent!!
Simply the BEST
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred A Desimone - Posted on October 8th, 2018
Rotary Cuff full tear and bicep rip
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alfred A Desimone - Posted on October 1st, 2018
Dr. Desimone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Alfred A Desimone Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Alfred A Desimone
Dr. DeSimone has a true passion for Sports Medicine and he is committed to provide the best possible care and treatment for his patients. He understands that taking time to listen to his patients will help him provide a more accurate diagnosis during the consultation. Dr. DeSimone recognizes the importance of communicating with his patients to help them understand the treatment plan that will best serve their needs. He also abides to the highest standards of Medicine by remaining current in his professional training and certifications, thus maintaining his Board Certification in Orthopaedics for over 18 years. He acknowledges the value of education and will continue his participation as a guest speaker for major television networks, lectureship circuits and medical conferences. Dr. DeSimone is constantly sharing his philosophy of medicine with his staff so they can provide a service that is competent, considerate and oriented towards the patients’ needs. Dr. DeSimone strives to provide the highest quality of medical care, always remembering that compassion and commitment are essential to providing exceptional care.
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF SPORTS MEDICINE, 1600 Town Center Cir Ste C, Weston, FL
Dr. Alfred A Desimone is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Weston, FL.