Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alfred W Forrester has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Alfred W Forrester has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Alfred W Forrester is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
The logistics of this visit were fine- staff was nice, was seen on time, etc. However, the treatment from the psychiatrist himself was the most terrible experience I have EVER encouraged. He admitted to sleeping in his office the night before our session and apologized for being in a 'bad mood,' refused to give me medications I had taken for years, and would not listen to me when I told him I was having allergic reactions to the medications he prescribed. When I told him I wanted to transfer to a new doctor, he refused to speak to my next provider and stated he would destroy my chart. I told him I would report him to the board and currently have an ongoing claim with them at this time. I would never return to this person or ever recommend anyone else to see him. Please do yourself a favor and avoid the exhaustion and frustration and see another provider. He came recommended by another and I have lost all faith in providers since.
Very intelligent, patient and professional gentleman. He is an excellent listener. He is open to a patient's opinion of the situation. Makes me feel at ease with my anxiety. Also suffer from a serious pain d/o which he does take seriously. Excellent f/u on the phone. Doesn't over-medicate, but suggests meds when helpful.
Mt Auburn Hospital
Dr. Alfred W Forrester accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alfred W Forrester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutherville Timonium, MD.