Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alfred Grant
Dr. Alfred Grant, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Grant is affiliated with Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Hospital For Special Surgery and NYU Langone Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alfred Grant has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Alfred Grant has the following 6 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ilizarov Technique (Limb Lengthening)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Alfred Grant is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
dr grant is a wonderful doctor. i've seen him for different problems over the years and he has alway taken the time to help me understand the issues and to help make a decision about my treatment and care. his knowledge on a variety of issues is huge and his bedside manner is by far the best of any doctor i have ever seen. in this day of rushed medical care, he is certainly a rare breed.
Dr. Grant is an excellent surgeon, and has always demonstrated the highest of care with me. I had several operations with him, and he always spent any time I needed to go over questions and concerns. Always would sit with me in the OR until they put me to sleep. Always manages expectations, and is honest. Spends as much time at my office check ups as I need, showing me everything in my x-ray and explaining everything in a manner I understand. He's the best, and always is an expert in the latest technological advancements in terms or surgical procedure and care for unique orthopedic problems.
Dr. Grant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Hospital For Special Surgery
NYU Langone Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Bellevue Hospital Center
Nyu Hospitals Center Tisch
NYU Hospitals CenterMount Sinai
56 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1957
Bellevue Hospital Center
Dr. Alfred Grant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute, 301 E 17th St, New York, NY
Dr. Alfred Grant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.