Dr. Alfred Herzog Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Herzog?

Biased against women

Dr. Herzog treated me at Manchester Hospital in Manchester Ct. I was warned prior to his "chat" that he is biased against women. The warning was accurate. I found him to be insulting to the point of him stating he could not understand why my husband would stay with me. I later was diagnosed as bipolar by a psychiatrist who knew a bipolar when he met one. It comes as no surprise to me Dr Herzog will not accept insurance. If you want to be misdiagnosed, insulted, and suffer damage to your wallet, this is your guy.

A life Saver

No exaggeration. Simply put, he saved my loved one's life.

Truly the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He knows his stuff, but more importantly seems to really care about me and wants to help me get better. That seems to be more and more rare in doctors and is just one of the things that makes him among the best.

he has helped me so much

Very Expensive Disappointment

Dr. Herzog was happy to continue with my misdiagnosis as a rapid cycling manic depressive when I came to see him and keep me medicated to the hilt. I feel that with his education and degree he should have been able to see with obvious clarity that I have adult ADD which often mimics the symptoms of bipolar. I was recommended to Dr. Herzog because he was a Bipolar Specialist. He prescribed me 5 different medications which I was taking at one time and pregnant. I am now receiving proper treatment and with one stimulant pill all of my symptoms disappear. I continually felt that Dr. Herzog was more concerned with the money, as his fee is $185 a visit and he does not take insurance. He would spend 45 minutes with me a session and I still do not understand why or how he did not suspect adult ADD. Also, Dr. Herzog, being frustrated with my missing and changing appointments (obvious ADD flag) and lack of ability to afford his fee, kindly had me committed and then fired me when he was contacted regarding a crisis situation I was experiencing. Hope this helps someone.