Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alfred J Rothman
Dr. Alfred J Rothman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Rothman is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Rothman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alfred J Rothman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Rothman is a caring physician. He has many years of experience and this fact counts for A LOT! He is exceptionally thorough. One can call and reach his voicemail directly. He calls back quickly. Great follow through. He knows ALL the great doctors and will recommend the best. I became ill in 2011 and he is an integral part of my team of physicians. Lovely man, lovely and efficient staff.
Not sure what the issues were with Glass H., but I have never had a problem with this practice after 17 years. My family and many friends go here and all rave! Dr. Rothman is very caring and skilled, as is his FNP, Arlyss Anderson. The medical assistant, Pam is also great! I did not like their prior receptionist, but they have repalced her with a wonderful one, Colleena!! They are very respective of my time, and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to be taken into the room - rare these days. AND - I can almost always get an appoitmnet for an illness either the same day or the next - REALLY unusual!! (my friends doc said she could get an appintment in2 weeks for a bladder infection!!). I highly recommend this practice!!
Dr. Rothman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Alfred J Rothman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice, 3021 Dana St, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Alfred J Rothman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.