Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alfred L Yu has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Alfred L Yu has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Alfred L Yu has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alfred L Yu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Alfred Yu was the worst physician I've ever encountered and his bedside manner was atrocious! I was rushed to the Simi Valley Hospital ER due to passing out in my home after being sick with pneumonia. Dr. Yu was extremely rude and said that he was required by law to restrict my drivers license because I passed out and that I'd need to be cleared by my primary care physician. I subsequently followed up the next business day with both my primary care physician and the DMV and found out that he completely jumped the gun on this and started a huge fiasco for me to be able to even get this cleared with the DMV. My primary care doctor said that I am completely fine to drive and that clearly my episode was due to the illness and that Dr. Yu should not have restricted my license because I do not have a qualifying "condition" such as epilepsy, nor was I driving when the episode occurred, and clearly the episode was an isolated event due to temporary illness. I was safe in my own home when this happened and all test results came back normal, indicating that there was nothing serious wrong with my health. Either Dr. Yu lied to me when he said that he was required by law to report to the DMV or he is not aware of the law and completely overreacted by trying to restrict my drivers license. Dr. Yu acted as if I did something wrong by being sick, but at the same time, if he was so concerned that I might be a risk to others due to my temporary illness, then why did he release me same day??? Furthermore, the process he started with the DMV takes at least 4 weeks to resolve due to processing time, which is far more time than I am even sick for! The level of care Dr. Yu provided was completely sub-par. I am an upstanding and law-abiding citizen and professional and the treatment that I received was absolutely unacceptable!
18 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Alfred L Yu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllied Emergency Physicians Inc, 2975 Sycamore Dr, Simi Valley, CA
Dr. Alfred L Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.