Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
This Dr.'s temper was irritable rushing through the appointment with no real concern for me as the patient with an enlarged prostate. He seemed more interested in rambling off a surgical procedure than helping me understand the source of my problem and than looking for alternative solutions to my prostrate issues. I was very disappointed with this doctor. Went to another one in Tucson who helped me solve my problem without surgery! Seems some doctors prefer surgery as it leaves them more money; consequently depleting the patients overall health, What's happened to doctors ethics? Because this one just came across as a fraud. Time this doc step aside.
Dr. Guevara is losing his once good touch to a poor to moderate one. Source is probably a combination of his naturally ill-natured temperament along with the strenuous patient-medical demands. As his professionalism is waning, he should consider retiring, slow down more, or take a sabbatical with emphasis on patient sensitivity.
Dr. Guevara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Medical Center
Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tucson HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health & Surgery Center, 507 N Western Ave, Nogales, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr in this video.
Dr. Alfredo Guevara Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nogales, AZ.