Dr. Alfredo Nieves-Gonzalez Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Alfredo Nieves-Gonzalez?

Posted on January 12th, 2016

Very thorough and knowledgeable

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Amazing and compassionate ! Literally saved my life from an all too common ,but, unknown illness !

Patient

Posted on February 7th, 2014

Dr. Nieves was the roughest Doctor I have ever seen in his field, (Gynecology). I felt as though my insides were being ripped out. Although he was a friendly man with a good bedside manner, I was misdiagnosed from the beginning. I was being with six bladder treatments for a disease that I did not have. I only found out from another gynecologist (Dr. Gass at Erlanger), whom I highly recommend, that I could not possibly have this disease. She is relatively new to this area and is also beginning to specialize in pelvic pain. She is sending me to Physical Therapy at Siskin's. There, they have therapists who also specialize in women's health, which is mostly for this type of pelvic pain. Dr. Nieves has now left his practice. He never notified his patients. THAT IS NOT GOOD PROFFESSIONAL PRACTICE! Also, I have been told by a psychologist that also treats women with these issues that "Your lucky he didn't ruin you",

Posted on January 14th, 2014

I made a mistake in seeing this doctor. He treated me very rudely, was physically rough and uncaring. As apparently with others, he did unnecessary tests without my consent.

Saved my Life

Posted on October 3rd, 2013

Dr. Nieves was an answer to our prayers. He helped me so much. I had pain in my vulva for almost a year when I was referred to him by my PT. I have seen so many doctors, some gave me medications that helped or not. One thought I was crazy. Dr. Nieves was the first to really listen to me and care. He understands Vulvodynia and is willing to try whatever he can to help. He did not however, ever push me to have surgery which I was so afraid of and not necessary in a lot of Vulvo cases I have read about. I needed nerve blocks which has decreased my pain from a 10+ a year ago to a 3 or 4 now along with my PT and meds. I wish he was not leaving. Who will help me now? Many GYN's know little to nothing about Vulvodynia. Yes, I would recommend him to a friend. It is rare to find a doctor like him.

Wonderful dr

Posted on May 24th, 2013

My daughter had chronic pain for over 4 years dr's kept blowing her off saying it was in her head. After her 1st visit he already had diagnosed one of her problems. Within one month he had the answers to what was causing all of her pain. He has helped her tremendously. I don't know what we would have done with out him. Thank you Dr Nieves!!!!

dangerous MD with a long history of issues

Posted on January 8th, 2012

This md has a long history of multiple types of complaints from patients and from colleagues. He lost his ability to practice at east ridge hospital many years ago. (There used to be a public record you could access with this information.) My life has been negatively affected by the actions of this md and I am only one of many. I and another patient have been through multiple corrective surgeries at the mayo clinic. Please ask around, seek a second opinion and be especially wary before submitting to a surgery. I too was his guinea pig. I cannot change the pain and losses I suffered from the surgical procedures he performed without my consent or knowledge but I pray that other women will have the information they need to avoid the same fate.

Best doctor I've ever had!

Posted on January 4th, 2012

Since I was about 13, I had been having regular, and severe pain in my abdomen. I had pretty much given up on finding the cause or a solution until meeting Dr. Nieves. He listened to my concerns and ran a few tests. Only after tests and treatments didn't work, he opted for an exploratory surgery. Immediately following the surgery, he met me in recovery and gave me a diagnosis that had been long awaited. I was finally able to relieve the pain and conceive a child. I had been told by many doctors that conception would not be possible. Dr. Nieves helped me more than I could have possibly hoped! Unfortunately, I had to move and could no longer use him as my doctor, but I get a phone call from his office every now and then just to check on how I am doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Nieves to anyone.

Dr. Nieves was a life saver

Posted on December 6th, 2011

After many years of my gynecologist basically ignoring my needs and ALWAYS diagnosing me with dysmenorrhea....he put me on birth control pills at 12 and that was pretty much the only treatment I ever received. My sister had been referred to Dr. Nieves and he had helped her SO much and she made me an appointment with him and he saved my sanity...he immediately found massive amounts of endometriosis and scar tissue, a fibroid tumor, ovarian cysts and adenomyosis...he LISTENED to me...he did not hurry me out the door and for that I thank him.

Posted on October 31st, 2011

I couldn't find another doctor like him. He takes great care in his patients. I have been going to Dr. Nieves since 1997, and I would not look at going to another one. He is the best. I have been going to gyn doctors since I was 11 years old because of a lot of pelvic pain with my periods. Not one doctor could tell me what was wrong. All they wanted to do is stick a little girl on birth control pills. Well, when Dr. Nieves took one exam of me in 1997, he knew exactly what was wrong. Within just a few days he had me to do a laproscopy. And then in just a few days after that then he did surgery to take care of my endometrosis. So I would rate Dr. Nieves more than a 4.

Exceptional

Posted on February 18th, 2011

I owe everything to this doctor. He has made me pain free and gave me my life. You wait, because he deals with a lot of pain patients, but when he gets to you he makes sure you have his undivided attention. He is the best doctor I have ever seen.

Posted on January 11th, 2011

Caution...after first surgery, I developed symptoms that were supposed to be fixed during surgery. I personally looked up the surgical procedures that were done to me and he had not even taken care of the main problem I was having. It took me 4 months to get him to understand,(and should have run then) He did second surgery that damaged me even worse. It took 2 years and several trips to a specialist in Nashville (not including alot of money) to correct the last surgery. I was told that I was used as a guinea pig by another doctor. Please do your research!!