Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alfredo F Xavier has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 7
When my place of work was calling GI's for an appointment ASAP, this was the only office that told me to come right in. I went from work into Dr. Xavier's office in so much pain that I couldn't even give the office basic information about myself. The minute Dr. Xavier saw me and all the pain I was in he sent me straight to the hospital. I was in surgery within 45 minutes of arriving to the hospital. My diagnosis was deep vein thrombosis , internal and external thrombosis that all started with hemorrhoids that I never really took good care of. I am a mother of 3 children and my labor pain was a piece of cake compared to this pain and I had 1 child natural. Dr. Xavier was so wonderful I could sense and feel the compassion he felt for me when he saw the condition and pain I was in. The doctor was always make sure I was resting comfortable and had no pain. This happen to me over 15 years ago and you can see how I still think about that awful day. From the bottom of my heart I will always be grateful to Dr. Xavier and his staff for being so kind and having so much compassion for me and my family. Best Regards, AnnaD.
My father went in for surgery under Dr. Xavier's care several years ago. My father put his trust and faith in this seasoned surgeon. Dr. Xavier minimized my father's complaints after surgery. Dr. Xavier assured my family that my fathet was depressed and that was the cause of his discomfort. He neglected to take a blood test which would have indicated an infection. When he finally did my father was septic and in the er. My father died 3 days later. I was only 18 at the time. Now im 26 and work in the medical field. I would have plenty more to say to this doctor now. I hope he reads this. His mistake took my father's life and changed his family's forever. He never acknowledged this oversight. He got off so easily. Well I will never forget. I love you daddy. You didnt deserve this.
50 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Alfredo F Xavier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alfredo F Xavier is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New Bedford, MA.