Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ali J Afrookteh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ali J Afrookteh has the following 10 expertise
- Holter monitoring
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ali J Afrookteh has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ali J Afrookteh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Afrookteh is a brilliant, thoughtful doctor who looks for connections between conditions. I feel reassured that someone is looking out for my health when I interact with him. Further, his nurse practitioner Judy is outstanding, and the entire staff work as one to provide efficient service. The prctice is quite a team.
I had been a patient of this Dr. for 20+ years. 3 years ago I had a physical and blood work -- My calcium levels were high and I had major fatigue, panic attacks and other thyroid symptoms. Dr. Afrookteh did not do further analysis of the high calcium levels. I finally decided to change Drs. this year b/c I wanted to find out what in the world I had. My new Dr. did a PTH test due to my symptoms and high calcium levels and it turns out I have Parathyroid Disease. This is serious and matches all the symptoms I have had for about 4 yrs. As much as I like Dr. Afrookteh personally, I am really disappointed in him professionally for not testing me for Parathyroid Disease.
I was one of Dr. Afrookteh's first patients when he came to Frederick over 20 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. He listens carefully and onsequently is an excellent diagnostician. Prescription medication use is appropriate. Although not necessary, Dr. Afrookteh also has a highly developed sense of humor. What more can a person ask for in a doctor?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Virginia Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ali J Afrookteh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frederick, MD.