Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ali Asghar has 3 locations
235 S Water St
Martinsburg, WV 25401
51 Street of Dreams
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Book Online Now
Dr. Ali Asghar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ali Asghar has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 2 of 2
A Good Psychiatrist for Second Opinion or Referall
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Asghar - Posted on October 2nd, 2015
He appears very thoughtful and understanding. He doesn't seem to go along with everyone else in the industry, and evaluates based on standards not appearances. For example, he wanted me to take a full ADHD screening for adult ADHD because he thought I was simply handed the label for no reason. I think he is a good doctor, he was very caring and listened and explained things thoroughly. He changed my label from schizoaffective to bipolar because he knew I no longer fit the criteria. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a second opinion or thoughtful explanations and approaches. While he may talk quickly he does know what he is talking about.
Find Another Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Asghar - Posted on October 3rd, 2008
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ali Asghar Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Ali Asghar's office for more information.
75 Francis St Boston, MA : (617) 732-5500
235 S Water St Martinsburg, WV 25401
51 Street of Dreams Martinsburg, WV 25403
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ali Asghar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.