Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ali K Altahir MD
Dr. Ali K Altahir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodbridge, VA, with other offices in Falls Church, VA and Woodbridge, VA . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Ali K Altahir has 3 locations
16451 Kramer Estate Dr
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Book Online Now
Dr. Ali K Altahir has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ali K Altahir has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Ali K Altahir is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Don't go here!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali K Altahir - Posted on October 30th, 2018
First offf went here to get adhd medication, I did recieve it and that was a plus but after my third visit the doctor was so rude I couldn't go here anymore. So I found another doctor.......now this is why this place is the worst service ever- so i needed to get my medical records from here, not a really detailed report just something showing I visited the 3 times I did. When I called to retrieve those, I could not get a live person on the line. Only option was to leave a voicemail, which I did. But of course I never received any records after 24hrs, so I took the 2 hr drive to get them in person. When I arrived I was told there is a turn around time and i would not be able to retrieve them today. I explained my situation of driving 2 hrs, then was told ok wait and see but there is a $25 fee to retrieve them! Even then I agreed to wait, after nearly half and hour, the young lady in charge of records walks out of the room and has her lunch in hands. She walks around talking to the other people in the office while she knows I'm waiting for her. After about an hour I just walked out. I mean just think about that process, no way to retrieve them over the phone, $25 fee to retrieve them in person, but then you can't get them and wait cause the girl is so insecure the power of printing out a piece of paper that would literally take 2 minutes is not something she's willing to do. Stay away.
24 Years Experience
University Of Baghdad
Graduated in 1994
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Ali K Altahir Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ali K Altahir is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.