Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ali Fazel MD
Dr. Ali Fazel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lutherville Timonium, MD, with another office in Falls Church, VA. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fazel is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and Fort Washington Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ali Fazel has 2 locations
1447 York Rd Ste 100
Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
Book Online Now
Dr. Ali Fazel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ali Fazel has the following 13 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Fazel - Posted on April 25th, 2011
I had the worst experience with this doctor. His office staff is incompetent and does not comply with requests for information. There is no access to the doctor by phone other than making an appointment. I now know why that is the case!! My insurance was charged a high amount when I only spent 15 minutes with doctor. Luckily, insurance companies are not stupid and will protect themselves from inflated bills. :). He was paid a lesser amount. Still too much I thought. He did absolutely nothing during the appointment.It seems he is all about money and I would no recommend him to anyone else. I am no seeing him again and think I would be better off with another doctor in his field of work.
The best doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Fazel - Posted on November 9th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Fazel - Posted on November 4th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ali Fazel - Posted on September 29th, 2010
The worst Doctor and Staff I have ever encountered. Very rude and disrespectful. All of them think you owe them. It seems that patients come last, money comes first for that circus.Oh, and be careful of how much they charge you and your insurance. And be prepared to wait a long time to be seen by the doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Fazel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ali Fazel Accepts the Following Insurance
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ali Fazel, MD - Gastroenterology in Lutherville Timonium, MD, in this video.
Dr. Ali Fazel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lutherville Timonium, MD.