Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ali M Gharagozloo has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- CT Scan
- Interventional Radiology
- PET Scan
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Gahragozloo was very concerned, empathetic and very thorough with regard to the complex medical issue he was treating. He is very knowledgeable with great communication shills. He took time with me to be sure I understood the treatment that comes along with the diagnostic studies he was preforming and provided above average bedside manner. He appears to keep up with new technology and treatments in medicine for his area of expertise, and has a good understanding of others areas of medicine. I would definitely refer friends and family to him if they were in need of treatment that he could provide.
26 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Ali M Gharagozloo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClaxton-Hepburn Medical Center, 214 King St, Ogdensburg, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ali M Gharagozloo in this video.
Dr. Ali M Gharagozloo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogdensburg, NY.