Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ali A Mamun has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
Dr. Ali A Mamun has the following 9 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatry
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Mamun will routinely expect you to wait for upwards of an hour for your appointment, but upon my first scheduled visit, left because I was 3-5 minutes late. The area in which their offices exist make parking a near impossibility, and no reminder nor follow-up call was placed by his office. If this is how a doctor treats his new patients I can only surmise that their treatment and well being play second fiddle to his burgeoning schedule. I will not be going back. Sadly, I suggest you look elsewhere for a compassionate, professional MD.
35 Years Experience
Sylhet Mag Osmani Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ali A Mamun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.