Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ali A Rizvi
Dr. Ali A Rizvi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rizvi is affiliated with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (aka North Carolina Baptist Hospital) and Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Rizvi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ali A Rizvi has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was referred from a primary care physician. Office staff never answers the phone, you must leave a message and then wait days for a call back. First available appointment was 7 months out. I booked the appointment and planned to wait for Dr. Rizvi only to receive a letter 2 mos before the appt saying appointment had been rescheduled to a different date and time and with a new doctor to the practice. Unacceptable. Good luck getting into see him and expect poor customer service from the appt bookers and office staff.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Rizvi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Ali A Rizvi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Specialty Clinics, 2 Medical Park Rd Ste 404, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ali A Rizvi in this video.
Dr. Ali A Rizvi is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Columbia, SC.