Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alice Chiu
Dr. Alice Chiu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Pasadena, TX and Pasadena, TX . She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Chiu is affiliated with Kindred Hospital Bay Area, CHRISTUS St John Hospital and Bayshore Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Alice Chiu has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Chiu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital Bay Area
CHRISTUS St John Hospital
Bayshore Medical Center
Columbia Bayshore Med Center
26 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Alice Chiu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alice Chiu in this video.
Dr. Alice Chiu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.