Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alice K Jacobs has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Myocardial Infarction
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Pathologic Constriction
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Diseases
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Myocardial Diseases
- Coronary Stenosis
- Blood Clot
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Coronary Disease
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Sudden Cardiac Death
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
39 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Alice K Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBoston Medical Center-Newton Pavilion, 88 E Newton St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alice K Jacobs in this video.
Dr. Alice K Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.