Dr. Alice S Kim Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Alice S Kim?

This woman should not be practicing medicine

My eye has been stinging painfully with blurred vision for the last three days in a row. I was concerned, so I called the advice nurse. The nurse connected me to the doctor on call, who believed I could be experiencing an eye infection and should be seen right away. Being that it’s the day after a major holiday, I was squeezed in to be seen with another doctor, Dr. Kim, at 4 PM today. As soon as she walked in the room, she looked me up and down like I wasn’t worthy of her time. Dr Kim then sat in her chair as I proceeded to tell her about my eye issues. She coughed openly and sniffled a few times appearing to be sick, but did not wash her hands before performing the eye exam. After the exam, Dr. Kim stated she didn’t see anything wrong on the SURFACE of my eye and boldly told me she believed it to be a simple issue of dry eye. I’ve had dry all my life, and I know what dry eye feels like, and this isn’t it. I then asked her if she could look INSIDE my eye. Dr. Kim proceeded to say curtly with a dismissive look, “I’d have to dilate your eye for that, and I don’t think that’s necessary.” I think she resented having a patient squeezed in at the end of her day and did not want to take the time to wait for my eye to dilate, so she just dismissed the idea altogether. Even though, not doing so could be at the detriment of my health. Dr. Kim then give me a list of lubricants for my “dry eye”, which I took a look at and told her I’ve tried most of those and they cause stinging but she simply gave me a look like she didn’t care. I was then let out of the office while she held a pretentious smirk on her face. This woman should NOT be a doctor. The oath she took at the beginning of her career was not in practice tonight. Dr Kim put her stolen personal time before the needs of her patient’s health. Completely unacceptable.

Poor experience

I was recommended by a doctor at a walk-in to get a eye exam at Eye Center of Southern CT. I ended up with an appt with Alice Kim. I was thoroughly disappointed with her as from the second she walked in the room she appeared to want nothing to do with me. As a new patient, she did not introduce herself, smile, or even give me a chance to tell her my issue before I found her dismissing me for not having come in when my symptom was in full bloom. She spent all but 5 minutes with me and left me with NO indication or resolution of my issue. I followed up with a different doctor weeks later who immediately diagnoses me with Thygesons keratitis and said it was obivous. Do not waste your time and money!

Chronic Dry Eye