More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alice V Merkrebs
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newburyport, MA. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
All female staff with very long nails Which pose a high risk for injuries to patients (babies especially!) harboring bacteria.We couldn't believe this was a real doctors office but we will never take our children here again. They do things without asking first, which made us very uncomfortable as parents. The waiting room reeked of cigarettes and was over crowded with toys meant for outside.
Doctor Merkrebs is a knowledgeable pediatrician who I trust to care for my children. Unlike some doctors I have dealt with in the last, Dr. Merkrebs is never intimidating or condescending. Her approach is informative yet friendly and nurturing - the type of doctor you want as a first time parent, and the type of doctor you want your children to grow with so that they receive care from someone they trust, feel comfortable confiding in, and maintain their health with. I have never had a bad experience (even her wait times are speedy! And if my kids ever get sick last minute, her staff always finds a way to accommodate a last minute visit - I have never seen this before and will continue to be a loyal patient). Thanks so much Dr. Merkrebs!
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewburyport Pediatrics, 21 Highland Ave Ste 14, Newburyport, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alice V Merkrebs, MD - Pediatrics in Newburyport, MA, in this video.
Dr. Alice V Merkrebs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newburyport, MA.