Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alice Wei has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Water-Electrolyte Imbalance
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Failure (Chronic Renal Insufficiency)
- Fluid Therapy (Fluid/Electrolyte Balance)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
She is very professional, but she is warm and caring too. When I had a reaction to a medication, she explained everything and changed it to something else. I like the notes she gives me at the end because its hard to remember everything a doctor tells you to do. She also gives me broshures to read about my conditions. Some of my family members go to her and they say the same thing about her.
She is wonderful. Her office assistant Barbara is too, a hoot to boot! They make a great team. Office is bright and clean. Dr. Wei is very thorough, never makes me feel rushed. Like I'm her only patient. She's very smart and tough at times, but yet you can totally relate to her still. She actually has a sense of humor. The only issue I have is getting my calls returned on the same day. I guess you can't have it all, and explains why I've never seen her on the phone when I have an appointment with her.
Dr. Wei is very thorough with her patients, very compassionate and empathetic. She takes her time to make sure patient receives time and attention needed. It's not unusually to fine her going the extra mile in order to help one of her patients, that's just the kind of person she is. Aside from being one of the best and most knowledgeable in this field; she has a humanistic approach to her practice. Do you want promptness, exceptional service, accurate answers to you questions and diagnosis? Look no further and ask Dr. Wei!!
I love Dr. Wei. She is so patient and kind. A lot of other doctors don't take the time to explain anything they just give you medications. she always answers all of my questions and even asked me to bring my sister in because she is in the healthcare business too.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Alice Wei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alice Wei in this video.
Dr. Alice Wei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.