Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alicia G Nugas
Dr. Alicia G Nugas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hawaiian Gardens, CA. She has 51 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Alicia G Nugas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alicia G Nugas has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Alicia G Nugas has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I have been going to this doctor for over 2 years and she is the best to me, I did come from a horrible Dr. and Dr. Nugas, always take out time with me and answer all my questions. She cares about her patients and will work with you, it does take time people to get to know these doctors, they see hundred of people. and really appreciate her, cause she always give me just the little push I need to keep going. She also has a wonderful staff.
I just moved here from Portland Oregon when I saw Alicia. I was simply looking for a doctor who could help me out with my severe menstrual cramping. I wanted to hear and learn of some other possible ways to heal bad cramping besides getting on birth control pills or taking high pain killers, because I knew there was a reason for my pain. She is very hard to understand because she is a elderly women who does not speak good English at all, and she was extremely rude to the point where I wanted to walk out. She interrupted me twice and was getting upset with me because I wanted more answers than those two options, she also told me herbs do not work, very aggressively. As a typical doctor of coarse shes just going to prescribe something shes gets the most out of, like most doctors, I learned that lesson with her. I left and found an natural doctor who helped me get on Vitex...you can get it from the natural health store. It has balanced my hormones and lessened my cramps tremendously. Worst doctor experience with Doctor Nugas, I could tell she truly was not looking for a way to help.
I just switched to Dr. Nugas to be my primary care physician. I called Saturday morning to make an appointment and was turned down flatly by the receptionist. Since they accept walk-in patients, , I went to the clinic anyway. The receptionist rudely told me that I would never be seen by the doctor because she's done for the day. It was only 11:35 am and the time posted by the clinic door indicates that they're open until 12:00 pm. When I told the receptionist about that, she decided to call the husband who sarcastically told me that I should come earlier and that they're closed for the day. He repeatedly told me that his wife Dr. Nugas needs to go to the hospital to treat a patient in the ICU. He was sneering and told me to come early. They both refused that I get seen by the doctor. I told them that I'm out of my prescription pills, the husband told me that I should be "compliant". to myself. I tried to explain that I just switched PCP, he snorted and looked at me with contempt. When I tried to sign in my name at the registry, the receptionist grabbed it from my hand.I was never humiliated like that in my life before. They have totally lost work ethic, respect for life, and compassion for people. i insisted because I told him that I dont have The husband vehemently d never had the worst experience in my life. I was starting to sign-in my name in that sheet
In terms of infectious diseases, she will help diagnose and treat most, however does not see patients with HIV/AIDS. Otherwise, a good family doctor, honest, and direct. Have also called for appointments and the staff will just tell me to come in first thing in the morning, and there are multiple people to be seen, so a long wait has resulted. Location and equipment is outdated, so you do not get the comfort of feeling you're in a state of the art facility.
It is easy to get appointments however, the staff schedules a few patients at the same time, the wait is long, and when they finally call your name, you still have to wait even longer in the room. With or without appointment the wait is very long. Staff is nice, but they need to improve how the schedule patients. Dr Nugas is caring but prescries too many pills instead of testing the patients appropietly.
51 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1967
King Drew Medical Center
Dr. Alicia G Nugas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsAlicia Gutierrez Nugas Md, 22408 Norwalk Blvd, Hawaiian Gardens, CA
Dr. Alicia G Nugas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hawaiian Gardens, CA.