Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alicia B Saunders has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alicia B Saunders has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Alicia B Saunders has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I picked this doctor as my primary care a year ago. It has been the worst experience I've ever had in the medical profession. I can't really rate the doctor because I never spent enough time with her. Every time I called and asked to speak to the Dr. Saunders a return call was never received. I asked for my test results and was told I needed to come to the office to pick them up. They don't fax prescriptions to mail in pharmacys. The office procedures are bordering on Medicare fraud. They want you to come into the office and see the doctor for any little request you may have, like getting a referral to a specialist for previously documented problems. I would like to believe the office staff is the root of the problem. They have lied to me on several occasions concerning Medicare and insurance carriers procedures. I would hope the doctor isn't behind these irresponsible, aggravating and care threatening policies.
Dr. Alicia B Saunders accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWellmed Medical Group, 2020 Flamingo Dr, Bartow, FL
Dr. Alicia B Saunders is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bartow, FL.