Dr. Alina Voinea Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Alina Voinea?

Does not listen to her patients

Posted on October 26th, 2017

I was referred to her by my neurosurgeon as he felt there was some underlying issues going on besides my degenerative disk and joint disease. First time I seen her she diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I continued to see her but she wanted me to retake meds that had failed to work in the past. Would not help with all the pain I was in either. I also kept telling her I was having severe pain in my hips, all she would do or say was "its because of the fibromyalgia". Refused to do any xrays or check them at all. But I knew it was something else besides the fibro, I knew what that pain felt like, this went on for over a year, I only had medicaid and was not able to see another dr because of only being allowed 12 dr visits a yr. Went back to my neurosurgeon and he sent me to a sports medicine dr and within 20 minutes and 2 xrays I had a diagnoses as to why my hips were in so much pain and I could barely walk by this time, I was using a cane to get around and am only in my 30's. I was diagnosed with FAI in both hips, torn labrum and had to have surgery asap before more damage was caused. I TRUSTED this dr to listen and have my best intrest at heart but she just blows you off and if you ask questions or have concerns she is very condescending and rude and makes you feel as though you are wasting her time or makes you feel stupid for even asking. Oh, and the meds she insisted I take had long term side affects on my memory, my migraines got worse and my hair started to fall out. I was always dizzy and could not focus my eyes, they always seemed blurry. I still deal with these side effects to this day. Would never recommend her to ANYONE!!! Horrible doctor!!!

Worst doctor visit EVER

Posted on November 17th, 2015

My mother went to see this doctor. She has been diagnosed with Lupus for 15 years. It has attacked her heart and kidneys which has even caused her several a hospitals stays. This doctor walked into the room on my mothers first visit and said, you don't have Lupus! My mother started to tell her her history and she said "I don't care what anyone has told you you don't have Lupus"! My mother asked how can you know this with no bloodwork or exam. She said "I just know" my mother then asked her if she would check her BP because it was 164/92 that morning. This doctor told her "I don't do blood pressure" I am working on making a complaint with the medical board. She should not be practicing medicine!!!

My experience

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I've been to a few Rhumetoligist. Dr. Voinea is the only one that listened and actually read my chart. She is an amazing specialist. She went over all my problems. She answered all my questions and made me feel good when I left her office. I've been dealing with several medical issues for years now and this is the first time I actually feel relieved.

Much worse than typical...........

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

of the other 3 sorry excuses for Rheumatologist I have tried in the LR area. NO bedside or any other manners. She ran no test nor tried to help me in any way at all. The fact of the matter is I had 7 years of history that I ran through very briefly and as quickly as I could knowing her time was valuable. She laughed at me! I could tell SHE thought I was hysterical or something because I was speaking quickly. She upset me a lot. Her staff are also rude and unhelpful

Poor bedside manner and people skills

Posted on February 28th, 2014

Would not recommend, left extremely bad taste in my mouth. Didn't seem as experienced as portrayed, skills appear to be extremely misrepresented, extremely large ego, very disappointed, appointment was complete waste of time, will be seeing another doctor.

Posted on December 6th, 2013

Was treated as if my questions were unacceptable. As a patient I have the right to question diagnosis and be fully informed as to why the diagnosis was made. I was not fully informed and left her office feeling as if I did not matter. If you want a doctor that you can ask questions and feel informed...find a different doctor.

Informed and compassionate

Posted on March 24th, 2013

Dr. Voinea genuinely listens to me and is very easy to access between appointments, either for questions or medicine refills.

Impressed

Posted on March 19th, 2013

I've had more experience with specialists in many fields than I wanted. I'm very impressed with Dr. Voinea's intelligence and personal manner. She's a rare find. :-)

Posted on March 10th, 2009

When I had my low moments, after consultation, she cried with me. Sorry to see her leave the El Dorado area

If you are on medicare, find someone else.

Posted on February 23rd, 2008

She's too busy. Follows up poorly on patients. Her receptionist becomes rude if you complain. It is more likely your insurance will pay for the test before you hear the results. Poor bedside manners towards family members of elderly patients. If you are on medicare, find someone else. I can't leave my name for fear of retribution from her and employees.

Posted on October 10th, 2017