Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alisa Bell has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Lupus Nephritis
- Kidney Disease (Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Disease (Membranous Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure (Renal Insufficiency)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Disease (IGA Glomerulonephritis)
Showing 5 of 7
A few years ago, my PCP referred me to a nephrologist due to a 30+ year history of high blood pressure and various test results that suggested some kind of kidney disorder. Previous testing, including dye in veins had not shown any clear evidence of kidney disease, although the troubling blood work continued. Dr. Bell didn't appear interested in understanding any of my medical history and told me that some of the things I had experienced didn't happen. She then gave me some suggestions than anyone can find in 10 minutes on the internet. I never went back, nor was there even an attempt to schedule me for another appointment or testing of any kind. My eGFR is now getting too low and I need a nephrology consult. Would never consider Dr. Bell.
Dr. Bell is always timely with appointments and very informative when responding to health questions. The office doesn't have auto prompts or voicemail during office hours when you need to call in so I always get a live person on the other end of the phone! I would recommend Dr. Bell and the practice to anyone seeking renal care in the area. (Especially if you need to be seen quickly! Another office I was referred to at first had a wait time of several weeks for an appointment!)
Dr. Bell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Main Line Health Sytem
Dr. Alisa Bell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHershey Kidney Specialists Inc, 4700 Union Deposit Rd Ste 240, Harrisburg, PA
Dr. Alisa Bell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.