Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alisa R Bowersock
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lebanon, TN, with another office in Hermitage, TN. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Bowersock is affiliated with University Medical Center. Dr. Bowersock has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock has the following 13 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I've stuck with Dr. Bowersock my last 3 pregnancies and she is the most attentive, gentle, and kind hearted doctor I've ever been to. She goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. I too have sat in an exam room for almost an hour while she had to go deliver but that's with any doctor that delivers babies. I'd rather be waiting in an exam room on her to get back then waiting in the hospital to give birth because she's dealing with an appointment.
She left me sitting in an exam room for over an hour. Only found out when I asked a nurse that she had gone to deliver a baby. She never told me that, just that she had to leave and would be back shortly. She did not offer to reschedule or have someone else see me. No one came in to check on me or to see if I wanted something to read etc. Will never go back to Dr. Bowersock or that office again. Very disrespectful of my time. Very impersonal. I was at that office for over 2 1/2 hours for an annual checkup.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bowersock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alisa R Bowersock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lebanon, TN.