Dr. Alison Ehrlich Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alison Ehrlich?

Completely unresponsive

Posted on June 20th, 2017

I called Dr. Ehrlich's office and left messages multiple times. Those messages were never returned. Just once I actually got ahold of Dr. Ehrlich's scheduler, only to be put immediately on hold for 10 minutes and then automatically directed back to voicemail. I expect more accountability from a doctor's office. It's not OK to treat patients seeking medical treatment like this.

Not clear about charges

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

Dr. Ehrlich knows what she is doing, but having told me a couple of years ago that she could remove all my skin tags for about $200 I was shocked by the specific cost estimate. At a recent appointment for a biopsy when I asked about removing my skin tags (she had done a mole checkup where I was naked and all skin tags exposed) she said between $200 to $300. On my second appointment, she got specific -- $200 for only the first two removals and $50 for each additional removal. I would never have gone had she been specific about price the first time I asked her. Do not recommend her based on careless communication about costs that are considered "cosmetic".

Posted on July 18th, 2016

Excellent practice.

Posted on March 2nd, 2016

I've received excellent and informative care from Dr. Ehrlich and her staff. Many thanks!

Do not use this incompetent practice!

Posted on December 31st, 2014

I can't judge her competency as a physician, but dealing with her practice is a nightmare. Staff are generally friendly and try to be helpful, but it's an organizational disaster. The two offices of the practice (DC and Bethesda) do not communicate; inaccurate information is given. Calls are frequently not returned. Treatment information is not computerized and shared with the other office. My treatment requires two visits per week, yet the treatment is sometimes only available one day per week at her Bethesda office. In spite of this, no accommodation has been made for me to get treatment at other office. Her manner with patients is distracted and uninterested. In short, I recommend you avoid her practice.

Horrible experince with responsiveness and scheduling

Posted on July 21st, 2014

I have no problem with Dr. Ehrlich's competence. The office staff is a nightmare. Unresponsive, incompetent does not return calls.

Horrendous

Posted on February 15th, 2014

This doctor had the worst bedside manners imaginable. She was in and out of the patient room in two minutes, either did not answer or mocked my questions and provided incomplete information about next steps. She made a demeaning comment about my appearance (which is stunning because her patient population surely cares more about its appearance than most). And she does all this while confidently striding around wearing a pearly white smile. As an example, the patch test revealed a positive result for a personal product, one that contained a variety of substances. She made a rude joke and then said that I should no longer use the product. She did not give me a straight answer about why I could not use similar products. She did not explain that some of the typical substances in the offending product that could cause an allergic reaction were tested in other patches but did not show a positive result. And, worst of all, she didn't warn me that other products -- ones not intuitively associated with the offending product -- could carry the agents that caused my allergy. Dr. Ehrlich is an academic doctor who should not be functioning outside the lab and the "library." My case was not a medically significant one -- the results would not be the center piece of a brilliant article. As such, both my condition and I were a waste of her time. That's an unacceptable approach. I am at a loss as to what to do for next steps. This doctor is repeatedly getting away with unprofessional conduct and giving incomplete medical counseling. But she has risen within her university, runs the clinic, and is clearly aware of her own power. The doorbell to her offices will always be ringing. She wouldn't care about this review if she read it; her institution cares even less! There is no real accountability to the patient. The only thing I can advise is that you NOT go to see this Dr. for any reason. Find someone else, even someone less prestigious, no matter what your condition is.

Lacking bedside manner

Posted on October 1st, 2013

"Lacking bedside manner" is the understatement of the century. Dr. Ehrlich had me in and out in about five minutes- it would have been less, but I had to stop her before she left. I had a million questions since she hadn't explained anything. She gave me the feeling that my problems were beneath her. As I came in for acne, I was already feeling sensitive and embarrassed. She did not listen to me when I explained my problems, she prescribed the same thing that I have used years ago, and when I tried to tell her I wanted something different, she interrupted me. She gave me a prescription, and just kept telling me that the nurse would explain everything. Then she made fun of her nurse's spelling. I wish I could rate her lower than one star. Needless to say, I won't be going back. Truly, I wish I could stand in front of the building and turn people away so they wouldn't experience what I did.

Posted on March 13th, 2013

Excellent physician for psoriasis. However, she has no bedside manner. She makes no eye contact and has an aloof manner which makes me wonder if she even cares for her patinets. On a recent visit, she explained she had patinets for worse than me - as if - why are you even here. I had recommended her to someone who said they would never go back due to her manner.

Patient

Posted on March 4th, 2013

Dr. Erlich has the worst bedside manner. She did not make eye contact or respond directly to my questions. She did not appear to take my concerns or condition seriously. Frankly, her behavior throughout the visit was bizarre and did not at all demonstrate the presence of mind that one expects from a physician. Dr. Erlich also prescribed a very very expensive version of a prescription that was also available in generic at 80% less cost, even though the generic and more expensive versions provide the exact same treatment and are applied in exactly the same way. She never mentioned the price difference. I will never make an appointment with Dr. Erlich again. Interestingly, she is listed as a "top" doctor by U.S. News, which tells me that U.S. News's rankings are not at all reliable. I would give her negative stars if that was an option.

Great doctor

Posted on November 18th, 2012

Uncaring personality

Posted on May 11th, 2012

Dr. Ehrlich is one of the worst doctors and personalities I have come across. I don't take these reviews lightly as I have family members who are physicians and I understand their potential impact. I take equal, if not more, time posting postive reviews in an effort to be fair. In this case, I see I am not alone in my opinion here of Dr. Ehrlich. After delivering some quite shocking news to me on another skin matter which upset me and left me full of questions, she said she wasn't going to have time to do my scheduled mole removal unless I sucked it up right away (she didn't even give me a minute and had a fairly nasty demeanor). Thankfully the nurse was great and created a buffer. I went ahead with the minor surgery half in shock...and later developed MRSA at the site of removal. I had to battle the MRSA for some time, which led to a messy scar. Thanks, Dr. Ehrlich, for creating the experience, and being the personality, that we should all strive to avoid. I hope that she considers these reviews and makes an effort to improve herself. Somehow, though, I sense she may lack the introspection this requires.