Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alison J Moskowitz has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Moskowitz treated my 42 year old son who had peripheral t-cell lymphoma. He died 9 months after diagnosis. Throughout his ordeal, Dr. Moskowitz was kind and creative, always on top and one step ahead of the disease which from the get-go I knew it was terminal but that never once deterred her from fighting the good fight. Every visit when I came with a ream of questions, she covered everything before I had the chance to ask. Dr. Moskowitz was compassionate and funny but more importantly whip smart and a real warrior, incredibly generous with her time. When his fight was over, we knew that my son had every chance he could have, the very best care possible. Knowing this has given me more peace than any mother could expect. If you need an oncologist, you could not do better than Alison Moskowitz.
15 Years Experience
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Alison J Moskowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1275 York Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Alison J Moskowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.