Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alison D Whitman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alison D Whitman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Alison D Whitman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Whitman was the best doctor I have seen in this area! She was caring, attentive, and assisted with all of my concerns. The office manager however is rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. HMG as a whole is kind and caring, compassionate to individuals needs in good times and in bad. Durring the economic downfall, my family suffered signifigantly and came to a financial meltdown. As a result, our family needed to make the necessary choices to survive. In contacting HMG for policies concerning discharge of debt, there was no policy reporting that Patients are to be dropped and discontinue care from any and all HMG practices. However, my care was discontinued from this practice, and i was banned from recieving care from my PCP Dr. Whitman due to bankruptcy. In conversation with the office manager, she was inconsiderate, rude, and had no compassion, even after I had explained the financial situation had improved, and insurance was in place, and that I had spoke with the administration of HMG and was told that this was not of common practice. Its difficult to build a therapeutic report with just any doctor, and my thoughts are more for the loss of my physician, and i pitty anyone else that falls into the same prediciment.
Dr. Whitman is a wonderful doctor. Sometimes a patient needs to get more than just medicine; they need to feel that someone cares about what is wrong with them; and Dr. Whitman provides that. She is kind, understanding, and compassionate, and she possesses the very best talent.....she LISTENS!! I would recommend her to my family and all my friends!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Whitman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Alison D Whitman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsAlison Dawn Whitman Md, 24530 Falcon Place Blvd Ste 201, Abingdon, VA
Dr. Alison D Whitman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abingdon, VA.