Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alissa E Block-Rissman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
We found that the doctor's at this location are very business minded. One doctor insisted that we need to take out son to ER right away when all he needed was a cough medicine. We met with Dr. Block two times and she was very impatient. During our first visit she recommended for us to see a dermatologist for small rash on my son's foot and second time she recommended us to see an ENT specialist when one of my son's ear tube fell off. The fact we found out after discussing with other pediatric doctor is that first time our son just needed 1-2 application of OTC hydrocortisone cream and second time there was no need to see an ENT because ear tubes do fall out anywhere between 6-18 mos and pediatrician makes the call if child needs another ear tube or not. In our son's case he did not need another ear tube as he did not have any ear infection episodes after the tubes fell off. I do not recommend seeing Dr. Block and we are now looking for another pediatrician at another facility as we think Doctor's at Northshore would recommend to another specialist within Northshore just for making money purposes irrespective of whether your child needs to see another doctor or not.
Dr.Alissa was like lightning. She did not spend any time to understand what my childs problem was. She hardly let us talk and she hardly spent any time with us. She was also not gentle with the child. She wanted to check his ears and nose so fast that my child did not cooperate. She did not try to talk to him and calm his fears but rather just told us to hold his hand and wanted to finish off the examination as soon as possible. I am so disappointed with her that I am looking for another doctor and will not like to go back to her.
Dr. Block-Rissman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Alissa E Block-Rissman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Medical Group, 830 W End Ct Ste 500, Vernon Hills, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alissa E Block-Rissman in this video.
Dr. Alissa E Block-Rissman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vernon Hills, IL.