Dr. Alistair Bahar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alistair Bahar?

Bad advice

First, I didn't get a letter, or call to tell me what my labs were or what to take differently for my thyroid problem which turned out, was very low. The nurse wouldn't tell me what the results were compared to the norm. I had to look it up on line. (what a normal reading is) Secondly, the Dr. wouldn't listen to my concerns about the treatment. (that I found out by my phone call.) It didn't sound good or right to me. It was to take double my amount of 150 mcg. Levothyroxine once a week, and the rest of the days stay on the same amount. I had been loosing a lot of hair for 4 months before this visit and I was really distressed about it. But I tried her idea and took a double dose of 150 for one week, and I got very sick the next day after the double dose. Diarrhea, headache, pounding heart, dizzy, and just generally sick for a day after doing this. I had voiced my concerns about my hair problems and wanted the Dr. to just adjust my dose. I have had thyroid problems for 44 years, and always, the Dr. adjusts my dose when it is low or high. It doesn't stay the same. I actually think that what she prescribed (a double dose once a week) was dangerous for me. I am 71 years old, and this might have been part of the reason I had such a bad reaction. I don't know. I am now trying to find another endocrinologist.

Practices cookbook medicine

Unlike some of these other reviewers, I can not recommend Dr. Bahar. He is firmly entrenched in the HMO Borg mindset of follow the recipe and any intra-individual biovariability or actual science is scorned (though this seems to be a requirement for endos in general). He does not keep up with the latest medical literature, is aloof and dismissive. Unless you are one of those rare textbook patients you will be better served looking elsewhere...

Two faced doctor

He is the most inappropriate doctor I have ever seen. He's nice at first but if he does not get his way, than he craps on you. If you are an emotionally fragile individual avoid the person at all cost s

great endocrinologist dr

Dr. Bahar treated me for thyroid cancer. He is very thorough and asks plenty of questions to help diagnose the problem. He always make sure that all my concerns are addressed. He has a conservative approach to my treatment and always gave me a clear picture of what is at hand. I highly recommend him. He has a professor-like quality in him, great sense of humor, gets to know his patients.

Massage Therapist

Dr. Bahar struck me as a caring, conscientious, experienced medical professional. I appreciated his review of my past history vis a vis a different medical insurance provider, and his willingness to discuss options and not push me into treatments that did not, at this time, appear to be imminently required.

Look elsewhere

Dr. Bahar has been "treating" my hypothyroidism. I called him with some pretty serious side effects and was hoping to get my meds reevaluated, and his response was, and I quote "Don't pay attention to what you see or feel. It denies physiology." I'm sorry, what? I know my body and claiming that everything happening is a coincidence is just ridiculous. This doctor has no intent to work WITH his patients to find the treatment that is best for them. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Don't waste your time or money.

Great, detailed oriented. Treats patient as a whole.

If you have an endocrine related issues, YOU WANT HIM ON YOUR TEAM. Dr. Bahar: 1. Took the time to get to know me 2. Asked a battery of questions and answered all my questions and concerns. 3. Reviewed past tests whether it was related or not to my symptoms.

Dr. Bahar is an excellent, extremly well mannered doctor and really knows his field of medicine.

swalters