Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alix Bouchette
Dr. Alix Bouchette, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gretna, LA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bouchette is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center West Bank, Ochsner MC Westbank and Jo Ellen Smith Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alix Bouchette has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alix Bouchette has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Alix Bouchette has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
Usually you wait most of the day (8am to 3pm sometimes 4p) to see him. This is not realistic to wait this long. He is not my doctor, but my (72) year old mother's doctor. When calling the office for anything, it takes several calls before you can get anything accomplished. On some occasions months just to get paper work filled out.
i think that the doctor explains himself and your problems to you very accuratley and does not rush you out the office. Anything you need to know he is willing to sit down and answer and explain. As far as the staff goes, i have never been to an office where every worker is pleasent. dont worry ladies, she doesnt have to hire you, but i'll take my chances on everyone of you. hold on to these ladies dr. bouchette, they're keepers!!
Dr. Bouchette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ochsner Medical Center West Bank
Ochsner MC Westbank
Jo Ellen Smith Medical Center
Jo Ellen Smith Med Ctr, New Orleans, La
West Jefferson Medical Center
38 Years Experience
Universite D'Etat D'Haiti
Graduated in 1979
University Medical Center
Dr. Alix Bouchette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMOMPOINT AND BOUCHETTE MDS, 230 Ochsner Blvd, Gretna, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alix Bouchette in this video.
Dr. Alix Bouchette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gretna, LA.