Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aliya P Poshni
Dr. Aliya P Poshni, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with other offices in Rockville, MD and Rockville, MD . She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Poshni is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Laurel Regional Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Aliya P Poshni has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Aliya P Poshni has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
Dr. Aliya P Poshni has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Aliya P Poshni is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I go to see Dr. Poshini at Laurel, MD location for my ob-gyn routine and if required additional check ups from last 3-4 yrs. I must say waiting at this location is unbelievable and never ending. This time I have called at least 5 times to get my test result report and no one called me back for longest time. Finally my 6th try was a success with a long wait on phone to get transferred to a right person to talk. If I find other option I rather not go to this place and not spend my time on waiting. I have been in a situation where my appointment was at 9:30 a person came after me had her appointment after me, I am still waiting and she was taken care by staff and by doctor. I had scheduled meeting at 11:00 which is very much time if everything goes normal or lit late but I was still at doctor's office at my meeting time. After asking staff and sharing my concerns what they are going to say 'oh I am sorry, we apologize for any inconvenience'. I hope that is not normal practice at this location...!!!
Dr. Poshni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Aliya P Poshni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aliya P Poshni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.