Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alka D Aggarwal has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Women's Health
- Adolescent Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Had appointment with Dr. Aggarwal yeaterday (1st time visit) - went 15 minutes early as requested (2:15 for 2:30 p.m apt). Was in waiting room for VERY VERY long time. They finally brought me into exam room where I waited until 3:55 (about 1 hr/45 min from my arrival)!! She never did come in - went to other rooms who had appts AFTER mine! Didn't appreciate that. All I went for was a annual physical (again, 1st time with this dr.) Will never go back.
I went to Aggrwal's office for an injury I sustained. The doctor thought my injury was funny making jokes about my current status as I'm in pain. She barely looked at me and seemed to get defensive when I told her what an urgent care doctor informed me to tell her he recommended. She told me it's just a bruise go home and put Ice on it and to come back on Monday which would of been 6 more days I would be laying around with no results. Due to the lack of urgency and concern I went to another doctor for a second opinion which I am glad I did. Needles to say I am glad I listened to the urgent care doctor and felt he was more knowledgable. The second doctor had a since of urgency and felt the urgent care doctor was correct and ordered an MRI the same day where aggrwal felt it was not necessary since it was only a bruise. Needles to say I had no bruising just swelling. FYI Aggrwal ice will not repair a ruptured Achilles heel which has been labeled as severe.
Dr. Aggarwal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Alka D Aggarwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKing Medical Center Urgent Care, 22990 King Rd, Brownstown Twp, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alka D Aggarwal in this video.
Dr. Alka D Aggarwal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brownstown Twp, MI.