Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alkeshkumar H Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Patel was assigned to me through Mercy Care/AHCCCS. I never even got to get in to see him. For no apparent reason, the receptionist was exceptionally rude to me, telling me that the doctor has not "chosen" to see me. I let her know that i had a substantial medical history including chemotherapy, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus and that if she wanted to send me any "new patient" forms to fill out before my appointment I would gladly do that to make any initial appointment go smoother. She cut me off to inform me that not only does she not mail anything to patients but they also would not assist with any pain management. RA and Lupus are incurable, which means pain management !I do not know if she was having a bad day but that abuse is unnecessary. I informed Mercy Care and will continue my search for a decent doctor to help me with my ongoing medical issues. He may be a good doctor, but she is a horrible receptionist.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Smt Nhl Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Alkeshkumar H Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlkeshkumar Hargovindbhai Patel Md, 1498 S 20th Ave, Safford, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alkeshkumar H Patel in this video.
Dr. Alkeshkumar H Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Safford, AZ.