Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alla J Model has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Women's Health
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Lupus Erythematosus Panniculitis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
Showing 5 of 6
Been seeing dr model for a few years for RA. Some days she seems concerned, other days she seems bothered. Her staff could use some additional training on customer service. Her one assistant Sarah is very rude. Blatantly nasty. I would rather get my tooth pulled than have to deal with her. So dissatisfied.
Dr. Model is very competent and thorough with her exams. I followed with many doctors to no avail, they could not find out what was wrong with me. One visit with Dr. Model and she told me what she thought was wrong and then proved her diagnosis with blood work. My lupus is now better through medication and she takes care of my symptoms with follow-up appointments. Dr. Model's services are highly recommended.
33 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1985
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Alla J Model accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIndependence Family Health Center, 5001 Rockside Rd, Independence, OH
Dr. Alla J Model is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Independence, OH.