Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan B Cohen MD
Dr. Allan B Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toms River, NJ, with other offices in Lakewood, NJ and Toms River, NJ . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan B Cohen has 3 locations
477 Lakehurst Rd
Toms River, NJ 08755
Dr. Allan B Cohen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allan B Cohen has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 7
A Lazy Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allan B Cohen - Posted on February 9th, 2017
When a patient must wait 5+ weeks to see a doctor in this practice when experiencing symptoms, then told that you don't need a colonoscopy, when in fact you do...there's a problem. Due to Dr Cohen's improper handling of a patient and their symptoms, the colon ruptured which resulted in death.
Bad news needs to retire
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allan B Cohen - Posted on August 20th, 2016
Horrible man MD. He didn't introduce himself r make eye contact. I saw him for liver biopsy consult. He read ultrasound report and said "This doesnt look good." Read Mri report said"this doesnt look good" Sent me for every blood test for CA./METS. I went into emotional tailspin.Almost had a breakdown. All tests were negative. Stay away from this pos schmuck.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allan B Cohen - Posted on August 6th, 2016
bedside manner was mistaken for bedpan manner. If there was less than one star, I would have been more accurate. Money grubbing, overbooked. His "God Complex" Time is way more important than your time. Not his only office, because there are only so many paying patients in any area that are willing to wait for this "doctor" to talk down to you and try scare tactics for additional colonoscopies.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allan B Cohen - Posted on May 15th, 2015
I have had only outstanding experiences with Dr. Cohen. He is very competent. He has always answered any questions I have had and treated me with great care. He is a wonderful diagnostician and would recommend him highly. I had some very serious issues and he squeezed me in and took the time out of his very busy day to help me. This is t something you see these days. Some of these negative posts don't sound founded.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Allan B Cohen - Posted on January 8th, 2015
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Allan B Cohen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Allan B Cohen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Toms River, NJ.