Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan L Frank
Dr. Allan L Frank, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with another office in Austin, TX. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Frank is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge and St Davids Medical Center. Dr. Frank has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan L Frank has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I started my family of 4 children with Dr. Frank more than 15 years ago. At. the time, moving from NY, my son with asthma was on more than 5 medications 4 times a day and my youngest who was 2 at the time was exhibiting signs that he also had asthma. Since Dr. Frank is a pulmonary pediatrician not only was able to help me deal and adequately care for my son with difficult asthma, he was able to see my other children also. Dr. Frank has always given me credit for being the parent and understanding my children to help him to help them. He always has made me feel an equal partner in doing the best for the health of my kids and I trust him implicitly and with complete and total confidence. I am only sad that now my youngest is 18 and it is time to move on to adult physicians instead of always being able to go to him for health care. I have never been concerned if I had to wait with Dr. Frank because I always knew that he was giving complete an absolute care to his patients and that when it was our turn- he would give us that same dedicated concern and care and that all of my questions would be answered.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Frank is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1973
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Allan L Frank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Allan L Frank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.