Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan Gilbert
Dr. Allan Gilbert, MD, PA is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Otolaryngology. Dr. Gilbert is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Harris Continued Care Hospital. Dr. Gilbert has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan Gilbert has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Allan Gilbert has the following 4 expertise
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Dr. Allan Gilbert is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I'VE GONE TO DR. GILBERT FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND THINK HE IS WONDERFUL! HE IS CARING, CONCERNED &, WELL INFORMED IN HIS FIELD, HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE A SOLUTION FOR MY "COMPLAINT OF THE DAY" AND I LEAVE HIS OFFICE WITH NEW HOPE AND A COMFORTED SPIRIT. HIS STAFF ARE CARING, HELPFUL AND EASY TO COMMUNICATE WITH. DR. GILBERT WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME AND I WOULD GLADLY RECOMMEND HIM TO OTHERS.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gilbert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Harris Methodist - Springwood
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
RHD Memorial Medical Center
R. H. Dedman Hospital
Presbyterian Hosp Dallas
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Dallas
49 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Allan Gilbert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions10 Medical Pkwy, Dallas, TX
Dr. Allan Gilbert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.