Dr. Allan Levy Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Allan Levy?

How he became a Dr Of Psychiatry I'll never know.

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

Sorry for the John Smith, but since I'm reviewing and revealing some symptoms of a psych visit/doctor prefer not to use a real name.As several reviews have said find ANYONE else, it will be a step up. Guaranteed. Me BiPolar 2, major depression. Last Visit, I brought up that the depression was getting worse, tried to explain some of the symptoms I had been experiencing over the past 3 months, constantly kept interrupting me on every single on. Finally, after discontinuing 1 med I was on, cutting the dose in half for the one to control my depression(he says cutting it in half it will work better(huh)) If that's the case why have I been at the higher dose the entire time I have been seeing him ? And then starting me on a new medicine. Can we say shotgun approach to psychiatry? How in the F@#$ do you make three major changes to a med routine and then know what causes a improvement if there is one? And then there was his wife (psychiatrist at the practice also) sticking her head in the door in the middle of the so called session, to discuss their DINNER plans.Yep can't make this shi up lol. To end the session, I was answering a question he had asked when he abruptly said, right, see you in 3 weeks, and we were done. Me, I'll be seeing someone else in three weeks, that's for sure.

Posted on September 4th, 2017

The sofa was soiled which gave me an overall impression that something was amiss; thought he was a little disorganized. I really appreciated his wife's council; very empathetic listener to the problem I presented and I felt very validated.

His clinic staff and himself are just in it for money

Posted on September 29th, 2016

He is not helpful whatsoever. Plus his staff are completely rude and are liars. They are just working for money. They don't care about their patients at all.

worst bedside manner. Doesn't care about patients. Obviously in it for the money.

Posted on April 24th, 2016

My first 2 visits I thought Dr. Levy was a good doctor with genuine interest in me, but after seeing him for several years i strongly dislike him. He always runs very late and spends only about 3 to 5 minutes with me (even though he charges my insurance a lot of money for a 15 minute visit). During those few minutes he spends with me he looks away from me and types on his computer. Often asks me basic questions he should know the answer to by now and mixes me up with other patients. One visit, after seeing him for over three years he asked "so what do you do for a living again." Seeing a psychiatrist can be nerve-racking to begin with, but Dr. Levy makes it agonizing. He has the worst bedside manner I've ever experienced. I always leave angry even when i was having a good day. The only reason i continue to see him is because i keep putting off finding another psychiatrist to fill a script that i've been taking for 10+ years. He never even had to do the work to put me on the right medication. My last visit was so infuriating that i'm finally changing to a new doctor.

Posted on February 21st, 2016

Wonderful doctor. Down to earth, brutally honest, and very knowledgeable. Anyone who gave a bad ratings is because they failed their drug tests and was kicked off the suboxone program.

was a patient far too long

Posted on August 30th, 2015

Very rushed and disorganized Dr. He comes across as if he does not care about his patients. Bad bedside manner. I was a patient for years and he did not even remember who I was. Started talking to me about my history and meds that did not pertain to me, he had a different patients chart up which I might add, he was actually typing in stuff about me in their chart. He prescribed meds which would make me feel worse. Come to find out the certain med he prescribed is definitely not recommended for my diagnosis. I could go on and on. Bottom line, if you need a psychiatrist, please keep on looking. I would not recommend him. I'm sure there are other wonderful ones out there in that particular area, please do the research.

wonderful

Posted on March 20th, 2015

I loved Dr. levy he is wonderful in what he does. He cares about his patients.

Dr Levy

Posted on January 28th, 2014

Do not waste your time. He DOESNT cares about his patients. He just told me "I am SUPOSE to ask you...?' After I told him my concerns. His response was OK I will meet you in the Waiting room to give your pre3scription. Literally he saw me for 5 min. That was enough to get his money, isn’t it (: Very pity

Posted on July 25th, 2012

Can't get a med refill when I don't have time due to school to go in for a follow up appointment.

Dropping a patient after 4 years!

Posted on March 19th, 2012

My husband has been a patient of Dr. Levy's for approximately 4 years. He came to Dr. Levy after being transferred to him by his old Dr. At first Dr. Levy seemed to be hitting the nail on the head. My husband was in recovery from a opiade addition. Dr. Levy diagnosed him as Bi-polar, put on on meds for that and also suboxone. He was eventually able to come off the bi-polar meds, but was still taking suboxone. He has now been on suboxone for almost 4 years, and he wants to wean off. Dr. Levy insisted on having a meeting with my husband, myself and his mother. My husband is over 30 years old and his mother has nothing to do with this situation. We made an appointment to discuss this with Dr. Levy, i confimed the appt with his office staff, and on the day of the appt, was told he would not see us. I had a sick child at home and had to pay a babysitter. Dr Levy should have had the decency to let us know or have his staff let us know, so after almost 4 years, my husband is now on his own to wean himself off of suboxone. Many Thanks to Dr. Levy and his staff for a job well done!

can not recommend

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

I can not recommend this doctor to anyone other than those with basic issues (mild depression, etc...). I've come in three times to try to change off of a medication that isn't producing the results I want and each time he has failed to listen.

Posted on August 31st, 2011

Constant prescription mistakes. Very rude and doesn't take the time or effort to acually talk to you. Been a patient for 3 years, clean drug tests, never given a reason to mistrust me, brought to his attention my concerns of another patient and was told when accusing another person of overuse of medication that his experience has been that the person bringing the subject to his attention(myself)also is abusing medication. Messed up a script(because of his vacation, and needing to leave)and once again called me a "Drug Seeker" and hung the phone up on me. VERY unprofessional, and tells group members to please come to him with any issues. I would advise against doing so because you will be labled a drug seeker. Also was accused of harassing his staff. Simply called to straighten out my prescription, called 2 times. I would advise anyone who is considering using Dr. Levy as your doctor to look elsewhere.