Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allan E Mendell has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Allan E Mendell has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Allan E Mendell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Mendell misdiagnosed my son with adhd and prescribed a stimulant medication very quickly. This led to a tragedy. My son had depression/anxiety and the medication made him worse. After a terrible meeting with Dr. Mendell and mistakes and extremely rude and insensitive behavior from the Counseling Center of Nashua my son refused to see another therapist. He felt alone and hid his depression thinking there was no help out there for him. After trying to get through each day and feeling more alone he took his own life. He was an intelligent and very sensitive and caring young man. I am warning patients to stay away from this practice and Dr. Mendell. They spend little time with patients and are quick to diagnose and prescribe medication without fully understanding what is going on. Their main objective is to make as much money as possible.
Dr. Mendell did nothing but wrongly diagnose me. I feel like, after reading all the reviews on him, that e believes that everybody is ADHD. I have been in therapy and been seeing psychiatrists for over 10 years. After moving, my mom set me up with him, and after the first 30 minutes he diagnosed me with ADHD. He justified this by saying it was the reason that i was bullied, dropped out of school, and didnt leave the house. That was 4 years ago. I obviously stopped seeing him, but for the 5 months that i was, he had me on over 9 different medications. I ended up gaining over 80 pounds from them, and none of them worked. I have since then been correctly diagnosed with Bipolar 2, Anxiety, and OCD. He did nothing to help my condition. He made things worse if anything. He would change his mind on my meds after less than average 8 minute appts. I wouldnt reccomend him to my worst enemy. This man has no clue.
42 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Allan E Mendell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Allan E Mendell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashua, NH.